WATER WORKS - Pay $75
The other day we (The Village) had a meeting about the Water. I assumed it would be announced that "Serena is taking too long a shower."
**Anybody who knows me, knows that i simply cannot take a shower in under 30 minutes, unless it is only cold water. Then I am out in less than 30 seconds. But the meeting was to talk about past dues owed, and the lack of water flowing into a huge(not) water reservoir. It was decided that today we would all meet at 7:30 or 8 am, "in the street." The village is 5 houses long, so this in not really a problem. The girl from www.couchsurfing.com and I sit on the street at 8. Three people are there. Maybe the plan was to leave your house at 8....? Welcome to Panama.
Anyway, eventually all the Men show up with shovels and picks. I have previously designated myself to carry 2 gallons of water in my backpack for the workers. Then, Bebo was showing off to Nor- so i "let" him carry my backpack. After he felt the weight, he could not possibly say No, he would have looked wimpy.
So, we are all walking up the street and the mountain. Barn boots, halter tops, shovels and tubes. None of the Wives came - they sent the husbands. One guy was leaving, so he sent a daughter.
When I was a kid...Brad, Charlene and I would find a creek and clean the leaves out of it, to make the water flow nice. We did this today, not sure why. Something about cleaning out an old water supply, just in case we need it. And since we carried like 25 PVC tubes into the middle of freakin' nowhere (oh my God) I assume this is serious. So, I am digging dead leaves out of a creek in Panama ( I did not get bit by anything) and then people walk by and the leaves drop back into the space I just cleaned. Not to mention that the wind willdo the same in about 30 minutes. But whatever, I'm in the shade.
Once that is done, it is decided we need more PVC tubes - 16. They send The Girls, and I also take this opportunity to get 3 more gallons of water.
Sidenote- as i go to my house, i notice White Cow is in the yard. I try to chase it out, and it goes in the kitchen, etc. I dont think it knew I had opened the gate. She stomped my only suriving plant in my desert garden. Shit.
We carry the tubes back into the middle of nowhere ( You can google it) and I am in Awe. These men of the village are on the side of a mountain, digging a ditch in full sun. I guess that if everyone helps, it is not so bad.
Delivered water, etc. Peeping Tom did not get water. I passed his silly ass up.
I feel bad in a way - he is a "nice" person. But he peeped and is now out of the Cool Club. End of Story. As I passed him with the water jug, everyone was yelling about the Tape Measure, and which of us had it. He is not allowed within 500 feet of my house or Oli's. Fortunately for him, we were not near my house. I was like 1 foot from him, I had to tromp past his ass in my barn boots to the other workers who wanted water.
Eventually, most of the guys were doing more talking of gossip than work, so I took this oppotunity to leave with www.Couchsurfing.com Girl. We had a beer, and took naps on the hammock until it was time for volleyball. I sucked ass today. VERY VERY TIRED. Lots of walking, uphill.
Then.... Somone noticed that Tano's boat is sinking, and only the roof is showing. Neno left in the truck to Get Guys. It ended up sinking, motor and all. This was about a $5,000 rig, that is gonna hurt. They looked for it tonight, and will tomorrow. The water is deep here. I will tell Gringo John, maybe he can help.
Came back, made Soup Surprise and watched a movie with The Girl and Oli. A movie about being in Jail. She does not like violence, but didnt say anything. I wish she would have. We just have these weird random movies, and you never know what is going to be on the unmarked CD.
I made a liter of fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast and now i am going to sleep!