March 1, 2009

march 1 - COIBA REPORT

Coiba was awesome. The snorkeling was great.
Accomodations are $20 per night in a cabin, reservations are apparently optional since The Peace Corp Girl made them, but were not found.
I was going to sleep on the beach in my hammock, but the workers of the incoming boats get to sleep in the employee quarters, so Miguel hooked me up. And he told the people i was his wife, so i did not have to pay the $20 entrance fee, also. I love this place and the people.
I have made my trip to the USA and am not liking it. Its cool to be able to call people and talk for a long time, without worrying about calling cards. Tomorrow I am looking forward to watching Golden Girls. I love that show. And Walmart. A Walmart in Flroida..... its the best.
You get a mix of white trash, black trash, hopeful Latinos and old people wearing track suits. In a Florida Walmart, you will see the most spandex ever in your life, all in one place.
It was recently my birthday, and i like to go to the beach on my birthday. Juan from the Tienda said we can go look for turtle eggs! We found 97. Didnt have anything to put them in, so we looked for some garbage and as you can see, found an old soccer ball and half a bleach bottle.
It was a good night.
The house is coming along OK. I am not very concerned about people stealing my stuff. Hey - if they want my beans - good for them.