January 1, 2009

January 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Feliz Nuevo Ano! The Village had church until 1 am, so there was no party. Wouldnt have been anyway, since there is no drinking, smoking, or dancing allowed. A few of us went to the beach and had bonfires. Then, we went to the next village and had some drinks and i watched other people dance. A little to fast and tricky for me. Today is really windy, and I expect that another piece of my roof will blow away. Last year at this time, i lived on the beach. I dont recall it being so windy, but then again i was not so concerned about my roof blowing away. ( I have clear corrugated plastic) Took in a sick chicken yesterday. I think his foot is hurt, Oli says he has too much boogers in his face. Seems quite content in the Igloo cooler, sleeping. I have gotten some kind of ooze coming out of my eye, making it hard to see. But i blink and it goes away. Everyone says it is b/c i put my chickens too close to my face and they are dirty. Anyone who knows me, knows that i will not go to the doctor, but "wait a few days- it will go away." This has worked for 31, I mean 24 - years. Holy freakin' wind! Glad its not raining along with it. Today is a beautiful day. Just lovely looking. Then again, ALL the days look good here, especially this time of year. I am tying to upload pics, but it is not working, so I guess this will be a boring post.