August 7, 2008
August
I have been here this time since July 21. Was intending to return to work, but got an unexpected, but awesome 3 months of Leave. Super extra great. But like I said, I was not expecting it, in fact my request was actually denied.
If I knew I would be here this long, I would have stocked up on stuff. Such as Green Tea tablets, better conditioner, etc. Suave and VO5 is $2 here. I splurged and bought some VO5.
The Dollar Store here has just as crappy off-brand conditioner for $1.00. Too bad is was like a gallon of it. It is better for shaving legs, unfortunately I don’t do that much here. I have good intentions, but never get around to it. Just way tooooo busy.
The neighbors and I are in the process of digging trenches and holes and moving stones for our new septic system. I finally got to wear my knee-high farm boots. I made the neighbor stick his hand in them to check for scorpions. I am currently scorpion free, in my boots at least.
Since I have moved “downtown” I am really not liking the noise. It is mostly kids making noise, like whining and crying. Luckily, they don’t live here, but just on a 2 week vacation from school in The Big City. Goyo my neighbor has a lady-friend over for like a week and her kid is driving me nuts. I don’t think he talks, just whines and says “Mamma, Mamma Mamma Mamma” repeatedly. Speak of the Devil….
I have been scoping out a new place on the beach where I am going to build a tree house. I found 3 coconut trees, in a triangle, the perfect size for a platform. Ting informed me (after seeing my sketch) that you cannot build JUST a platform under coconut trees, b/c the coconuts will eventually fall and kill you. Silly Gringa! He says you have to put some kind of a roof on it, or change tree types. We will go look tomorrow. I told him that I will pay him to help, but he can use it, too.
He brought me this mini pineapple the other day, it was like 6” high, but just a fat as a big one. Tasted excellent.
Had to make a run into the Big City on Sunday to buy a toilet. Good thing it came in 2 boxes, b/c I had to carry it through the bus terminal to put it on top of the bus. Everyone on the bus thought it was a computer, and was disappointed when I said it was a toilet.
Played volleyball on the beach tonight. Fun, but I am tired. All that digging and moving of the stones. The stones are across the street and Sr. Manana has gifted them to us. But we have to get them across the street. First, the guys thought we could throw them, but it is too far, and their aim is bad with such heavy rocks. So, we got a truck and moved them. Maybe not a whole lot faster, but definitely less work.
Today was Official Hammock Washing Day at my house. I even swept my floor. I don’t really like it or think it matters. I don’t take my flip flops off when I go in. so what is the point, I just rack more crap in there in like 2 minutes.
Took Sr. Susio and Hector to the beach 2 days in a row. Then, their older sister Jenny joined us to chop coconuts. While patiently waiting for his coconut to be cracked, Susio was sitting on his. Butt-ass naked. I wish I had a picture of it. He had his had chin on his hands, just waiting.
And then there is Hector wearing his underpants that are 5x’s to big for his scrawny ass, running around in the beach weeds looking for more. THIS is why I am not bored here.
Tomorrow I am going to try snorkeling right out front at low tide. Not sure what I will see, but the water was clear today.
Went to Reynaldos Restaurant today for breakfast. Next to it, it 5 kids on vacation, so I don’t spend much time there right now. There is also a dog that will not shut the hell up. Seriously - what’s the freakin’ problem? SHUT UP.
He likes the idea of the Rest., but he is bored. I wouldn’t mind hanging out with him playing cards or Racko! But that dam dog and the kids drive me nuts.
After I moved to this house, I was sleeping on the hammock in front of my house, I just don’t like the bedroom. But the neighbors were looking at me funny, so I went inside. Besides, I didn’t want to be out there with my mouth hanging open when everyone is going to work.
Reminds me of sleeping in the CrewRoom all night. When the people come in that actually live there, all fresh, and there I am , in my pseudo PJ’s and mouth hanging open.
But the beach is real nice and I need to get back down there. Too much noise up here. I will see, after Miss Spandex leaves in few days. I just don’t like sharing my neighbor guy with her.