Calvin and Hector in the hammock! Play the video~
Everything is going good for me down there. A lot of you are asking me what the appeal is, except Julie and Cherri who have been there. I just like it. My friend Carrie asks "But why Panama?" It's not Panama itself, but the town I found. Or maybe it found me!
The people there are so nice, trusting and quite amusing. Maybe they think i am funny, too - who knows. They don't have many luxuries by USA standards and I am willing to bet that they are much happier people. They are always smiling.
I was just there for a few days this time and I recall how nice it was to be swinging in the hammock while my neighbor Reynaldo was standing beside me fixing fishing nets and singing in Spanish. Reynaldo is not a very macho man, admits that he does not like to work hard, but easy and slow. There is no hurry to get anything done, you know.
The official fishing season is over, but 1 or 2 boats go out per day. There always seems to be someone at the beach during the day checking on the boats. Getting gas out for their motorcycle, bringing a net to Reynaldo, or just stopping by to see what is going on. The only thing that was going on is that i was watching them!
Carlos and his sister. You might recognize Carlos from his earlier work at the waterfall...(play video)
Loes is volunteering to paint Turtles on the Pavillion. Somehow she ended up with blue paint on her face, and in her mouth. You can't blame her - she is Dutch.



